“Think Out of the Box” is our invitation for you to work with our creative people and bring to market great products and services in the following Key Sectors
BA was named the
World Capital of Books (2011)
BA is the
of television formats in the world
10% of jobs
created in BA belong to Creative Industries
Why Come to BA and Think Out of the Box?
- BA is living creativity, the arts, and innovation.
- People living in BA spend on average 5% of their income in cultural events and/or products.
- Close to 10% of jobs created in BA belong to the Creative Industries sector, up from 6% two decades ago.
- With 25 bookshops per 100 thousand inhabitants, BA is the city with the highest number of bookstores per capita in the world.
are located in BA
150% output and exports growth in the last decade
in the industry
- A growing industry: The audiovisual industry contributes to +10% of BA’s GDP.
- A job-creating sector: The audiovisual industry employs 23,000 people, or 1.5% of the city’s employment, meaning a 50% increment since 2002. TV and radio account for half of the jobs in the industry.
- Export potential: Exports from the audiovisual sector hiked 150% since 2002, ranking #16 among the top 20 exporters in the world of audiovisual content.
- Success stories: BA is home to over 200 firms in the industry, with almost 80% of them being small or micro-enterprises.The output of the audiovisual industry increased 150% in the last 10 years.
- Audiovisual District: Companies located in the Audiovisual District receive tax exemptions and other incentives to foster growth. To learn more about these benefits please Contact Us or visit this external link
+27,000 titles published
of books sold
USD +40 million
- A large newspaper industry: Close to 12 million newspapers sold every month.
- Reading culture: BA was named the World Capital of Books (2011).
- Ready for the future: 17% of books are published in digital format.
- Magazine segment: 34 million of magazines sold per year.
of Design (UNESCO)
to the industry
USD 1 billion
of annual revenue
- Home of design: Designers choose BA both from a cost and a talent perspective. BA’s thriving design industry spans fashion and architecture, industrial, interior, and urban design.
- Globally renowned: In 2005, UNESCO designated Buenos Aires #1 City of Design.
- Design hub: BA’s Metropolitan Center of Design is a public and internationally leader institution that promotes and enhances the encounter of the design community, businesses and institutions.
- Design District: Companies located in the Design District receive tax exemptions and other incentives to foster growth. To learn more about these benefits please Contact Us or visit this external link
in the gaming industry
Number of employees
in the last decade
USD +85 million
of annual revenue
- Employment generation: More than 2,000 jobs directly created. For more information you may visit
USD 5.2 billion
of annual revenue
Advertising grew at an average rate of 5%
in the last 10 years
agencies in Argentina’s Advertising Association
- Advertising in digital magazines: Advertising in digital magazines is expected to reach USD +26 million by 2018.
- Television advertising: Television advertising is expected to reach USD +3,700 million by 2018.
- For more about the advertising industry in Argentina, please visit
Television for the world:
BA is the fourth exporter of television formats in the world, only behind the U.S., U.K. and the Netherlands.
Over 80 countries broadcast locally produced television shows.
BA exports USD 10 in services for every USD 1 of goods exported.